LA IPA Fest at Mohawk Bend – Sunday Funday


This past Sunday, I had the wonderful opportunity to attend the LA IPA Fest at Mohawk Bend. It was a really cool experience! I went with two different friends and we all didn’t know what to really expect. I am a big IPA fan (my favorite IPA being Deschute’s Fresh Squeezed IPA); my one friend Ashley is trying to become an IPA fan and the other friend doesn’t really like beer. I was excited to try some new beers. Here are a couple pictures of me enjoying some of the beers from my flight (don't mind the paper mustache that I was trying to make haha).
























I had flight number 6, which included True Brewmance, White Walls, Ex Factor, and You Must Be My Daddy. I think there were a total of eight different flights to choose from, and I had no idea how to choose a specific one. The bartender told me that I couldn’t go wrong with any of them, so I choose number 6.

My friend Ashley had flight number 2, which included Manchurian Entry, Manu Bay IPA, Mega Plasteek, and Mi Hoppy Vida. We collectively agreed that her flight was better than mine, and we voted that the Manu Bay IPA was the best. We got to cast our vote via text message. It was cool to taste all the different options, and we continued the party at Sage Plant Based Bistro and Brewery after (which is also in Echo park).



Also, the night before, I had the opportunity to go to Boomtown Brewery. Such a cool place! They had pool tables, dart boards, cornhole, an awesome DJ, and even a movie playing on a projector. Some of Boomtown's IPAs were also at the festival on Sunday. In summary, it was a great, relaxing weekend trying a bunch of different IPA's. I have plans to go back to Boomtown in a couple of weeks for two friends' birthday parties. 


Comments

  1. I enjoyed reading this blog. I went to an extra credit event which was the art show. This sounds like a fun experience. I have been to a few craft beer breweries in St. Louis. I have not had the chance, courage or friends to go to any yet since I moved here.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment